Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant find ie window on base state

Here is what is in the results viewer.
    this is the line in domex.inc that is failing:
    Any ideas? I am thinking that it is trying to find Browser when calling the Browser.nInvokeTimeout variable(which is set to the default of 60). I dont think my domex.inc is modified at all.

This is a WinNT machine with silktest 5.5.2 build 964 and IE 6.0.

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: cant find ie window on base state

I have noticed the exact same behavior when SilkTest closes Browser pop up windows in the application I'm using. It seems to be a bug in the program.

Assuming you're only testing web apps, your best bet is to check for the existence of Browser in the TestcaseEnter function, closing it if it is found. TestcaseEnter is called before the base state, allowing you to make any modifications you need there to work around this problem.

I would also add a sleep of 2 seconds after you close the Browser. I have noticed several problems when SilkTest switches between Browser windows - it seems to take a little bit for the internal reference is updated.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: cant find ie window on base state

I will try adding the sleep after closing the window, or rather before starting the browser.

It is not acceptable for my situation to leave the browser open after each testscript. There is cached information that needs to be released and closing the browser is the only way to do this. Thanks for the suggestions and if you think of any other ideas I would appreciate hearing them.

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.