User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [HtmlTable]Maybe I\'m dense...

Well, you could do something like:

Of course, you will want to do something in there to allow for the possibility of the text not being found at all, unless you know for certain that it is there.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[HtmlTable]Maybe I\'m dense...

Maybe i'm really blind, or maybe it' just friday afternoon. But this is probably an easy question for someone. What I want to do is search an HTMLcolumn for a particular peice of text, return what row it's on, and verify the data of other columns in that row. I know there's probably a function that does this, but I can't find it in the reference. Here's what the code I think I should write would look like:

for(i=1;i<=arraySize(TextArray);i++)
    rownumber = Sales.HtmlTable("myTable").HtmlColumn("Products"). FindItem(HtmlLink(TextArray[i][1]))
    verify(Sales.HtmlTable("myTable").HtmlColumn("Quan tity").getRowText(rownumber) == TextArray[i][2],TRUE)

I know htmlcolumn doesn't have a FindItem method, but it has to have something similar, right? I'd really like to do this without a nested for loop.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To my experience, SilkTest has trouble for a table with empty cells. For example, if a column has 4 cells, cell1 = a, cell2=b, cell3 is EMPTY, and cell4 = d. When you run SilkTest, it will return cell1=a, cell2=b, cell3=d. Any body disagree?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you using the latest SilkTest?
    The Silk 5.5 should have improvement in detecting HtmlTable.

If not, just do your own parse of table and columns.

Michael

------------------