Thread: Start Method

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start Method

Hi,

I am working on a VB/Java app and I am having some problems w/ the Extensions.

Sometimes the controls(swing objects) inside a Java window are not being recognized by SilkTest (recorder doesn't return anything)

This happens when I use the Invoke method to load my AUT; however if I run the script with my AUT already open, SilkTest is able to see the objects inside my Java window.

Has anyone have experienced a similar problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-maa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Start Method

1. Make sure you compile your existing declarations before you start a record operation. That way Silk will apply your declared names rather than use a dynamic class-quoted string.

2. Record slowly. Silk's has a lot to do, and you can easily overrun its ability to keep up.

John

------------------

[This message has been edited by John J. Miller (edited 09-13-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The script has been compiled and I am able to see the declared names of the objects if I start my AUT manually. The problem is that when I use the Invoke ( ) method SilkTest doesn't recognize any objects inside my JavaDialogBox. I think that for some reason my java extension is not being loaded correctly when I invoke the application using Silk, because if I comment out the call to the invoke method, bring the AUT manually an run the script, Silk is able to see the objects(swing) inside the JavaDialogBox.

I generally record slowly (it takes Silk 20-30 seconds to update the record dialog whenever I deal w/ the JavaDialogBox)

-maa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK.

1. Check the name of your application in the Task Manager Processes tab. Make sure that it matches what you've placed into the extensions dialog. (Assumes that it's other than java.exe or javaw.exe.) Also note that some Java-app's briefly begin as an .exe or login dialog before the actual java?.exe appears.

2. If you're starting the application manually from a shortcut, compare its entry with that of the Invoke code.

3. To verify the Agent's loaded Java extensions, right click it and select Extensions/Details.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The name of the app matches the one in the extension.

2. The shortcut's entry includes "ReLaunch" after the .exe entry. But when I include the Relaunch in SilkTest I get an app error.

3.javaex.dll is loaded according to the extension information dialog

The reason I called this topic "Start Method" it's because I believe that somehow SilkTest is not invoking my AUT correctly. Do you know what does the sExtensionReady parameter of the Start method do??

I declared inside my mainwindow declaration and set its value to TRUE, but I am getting a Application NOt responding error.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by matest2:

The shortcut's entry includes "ReLaunch" after the .exe entry. But when I include the Relaunch in SilkTest I get an app error.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Duplicate the existing shortcut and delete the "ReLaunch" parameter in the copy. Then run this shortcut manually. Does the program still run correctly using the modified shortcut?

2. Start() is poorly documented, problematic and quite slow when you get to its time delay. Another faster approach is to just run the application from a predefined shortcut. This example expects the shortcut to be on the Desktop. It's easy to modify it to point to any other folder. (Note: leave out the square brackets where it says [your program shortcut name here].

John

------------------

[This message has been edited by John J. Miller (edited 09-16-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Actually I made a mistake. SilkTest is the one that adds "ReLaunch" when recording the frame; however, Invoking the app causes problems, so I have to remove the "ReLaunch" from the sCmdLine constant.

2. I am getting the "Cannot find the file: ... or one of its components " Error Message.
    Note: The shortcut exists