User Tag List

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having each frame as a standard window declaration

My application is using the the frames to browse in, so bassically what happenes is that the external BrowserChild windows are static (they are nested in couple of levels) and when it gets to the frame part, thats where each window can be unique (up to couple of hundred). I want to keep the standard window declaration for these frames, but since they are nested, they need to inherit that part without me constantly specifying and declaring them as objects of the main window (ie: MainWindow.Stuff.Frame). My guess is that I have to create a winclass that will be inherited by these windows, but I'm not exactly sure how it is done. Can someone help me out?
    Thanks!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Having each frame as a standard window declaration

I'm have the exact same issue with the product I'm working with. You can work around it by moving the embedded BrowserChild out of the declaration.

Be sure to preface the new declaration with the window keyword. You will also need to add a parent reference to the window you removed the BrowserChild from.

Using your example, the new declaration will look something like:

window BrowserChild Frame
    tag "Tag"
    parent MainWindow.Stuff

Hope this helps.

------------------