User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting business date

Hi,

I need to get a date from past or future in terms of a business day(M - F). I am trying to work out a logic, but seem lost. The AddDateTime() function adds/deducts the # of days. I need to go further & get the business date closest to it. If anyone has a function to do the same, it will be of great help.

Thanks.

------------------
    quality - a way of life!
    quality - a way of life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Getting business date

This site seems to offer a reasonably direct solution:
    http://home.capecod.net/~pbaum/date/date0.htm

Note: You can find quite a few more sites like this using www.google.com with search strings like:

"day of week" functions

"business date" algorithms

"calendar functions" "business date"

Like so many facts this one gets slippery if you have to factor in holidays.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Page doesnt exist??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to do the same thing a few years ago. Fortunately I never throw away any code.
    Here you go:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">BOOLEAN IsWeekDay(DATETIME dtDate)
    //************************************************** *******************************
    // Returns TRUE if the supplied date is NOT on a weekend.
    // (i.e. Monday thru Friday = TRUE)
    //************************************************** *******************************
    BOOLEAN bWeekDay
    STRING sDay

sDay = FormatDateTime(dtDate ,&quot;ddd&quot // get the supplied date as a DayOfWeek

if MatchStr(&quot;SAT*&quot;,sDay) &#0124;&#0124; MatchStr(&quot;SUN*&quot;,sDay) // is it a weekend?
    bWeekDay = FALSE
    else // NOT a weekend
    bWeekDay = TRUE

return bWeekDay</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Lemme know if this is what you need.
    - Jim