SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rendered panels in Java applications

Does anyone have experience working with these panels? A tag for one from Record/Class would look something like:

"[com ... view.layout.rendering.LayoutPanel]"

Their primary operational characteristics are that they support "zoom in" and "zoom out", and that instead of containing real controls they contain pixel-ated areas from which cursor location messages are passed to the panels' listener when clicked.

My expectation/hope is that I can obtain custom accessor methods from development to communicate directly with the underlying real objects, and that the rendering.LayoutPanel might be coerced in some manner to return GetRects() and GetTexts() for each pictured object.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Rendered panels in Java applications

Yea John,

I had to have my developers write methods for me to interact with controls like that. They thought it was cool that I could do that and wondered what else I would like to do.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, aren't YOU the lucky one? !!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJ,

I take it where I can get it. It's not often that I can get a developer to do what I want. It does help that I am teaching them to use Silktest for their unit testing.

------------------