User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

solving scroll bar

hi everyone,
    i am working to solve the scroll bar and the scroll bar is not able to identify and is having problems.Can anyone send me a sample code or psuedocode to work with the scroll bar and identifying the contents in the window.
    Thanks in Advance to All.
    Sri

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: solving scroll bar

It would be beneficial if we had a little more information:
    is this a web page or an application? Under '98,2000,XP? Are you trying to record the window declarations, or a test case, or something else?

However, I'll give it my best shot without any of that information.

Assuming you already have a window declaration for the active application, the scroll bar should have been named during the capture. Use Record/Window Identifier from the Partner executable to see it. (You should be able to scroll the mouse over the scrollbar.)

Then, you can use that name, let's say MainApp.LowerScrollBar, to perform functions from your test case. Look in Help under the "ScrollBar class" for a full list of functions. You would code with something like

MainApp.LowerScrollBar.ScrollByLine(3)
    MainApp.LowerScrollBar.ScrollByPage(-1)
    MainApp.LowerScrollBar.ScrollToMax ()

Let us know if you need more help; we can give more specific answers with more specific information.

-TC
    --
    Tim Crone
    Broadcom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is an application a windows based application supposed to be supported without a problem on windows and the os is windows 2000.I am trying to record the window declarations .It would be real help if u send me the entire code structure taking any example of a scroll bar.
    Thanks
    Sri

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you get when you do a Record->Window Tags and put your cursor over the scrollbar?

To turn on Window Tags in your record menu goto Options->Agent and select the compatibility tab. Notice the "add window tags to the record menu" checkbox. Check it and click ok.

------------------
    Ryan McCullough
    Accelrys Inc.
    ryan@accelrys.com
    Ryan McCullough
    RightNow Tech. Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just using the things that are open on my desktop, I went into Silktest/Record/Testcase. I modified none.

I don't have a declaration for Excel, but this is a baseline for how this will look -- just a bit cleaner once the window declaration is done.

My recorded testcase is:
    <PRE>
    [+] testcase Test1 () appstate none
    [-] recording
    [ ] DialogBox("Microsoft Excel - Book1.xls").SetActive ()
    [ ] DialogBox("Microsoft Excel - Book1.xls").ChildWin("Book1.xls").SetActive ()
    [ ] DialogBox("Microsoft Excel - Book1.xls").ChildWin("Book1.xls").ScrollBar("#2|$4 ").ScrollByPage (-1)
    </PRE>

Nothing fancy, I just recorded actions.

That sort of recording/playback should work with no problem, although you miss a lot of the power of the scripting language if you only use the recorder.

-TC
    --
    Tim Crone
    Broadcom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all,

I am using silk 7.6 version. I am working asp.net application.during recording actions/ windows declarations I observed that the scrollbar class is not identified.

Found an article in segue - might be helpful to all of u
    http://support.segue.com/kbshow.php?q=14860

All the below options are enabled
    1.Agent.SetOption (OPT_RADIO_LIST, TRUE)
    2.Agent.SetOption (OPT_SHOW_OUT_OF_VIEW, TRUE)
    3.Agent.SetOption (OPT_SCROLL_INTO_VIEW, TRUE)

The domex.ini has value UseScrollIntoView=TRUE

I enabled low level recording in the recorder but i dont get Mouse co ordinates [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img](-
    Tried this method but the scrollinto view method is not working .. here goes the script

testcase Test1() appstate none
    [ ] RECT MyRect
    [ ] ODMHome.SetActive()
    [ ] MyRect = ODMHome.ODMMenu.GetRect()
    [ ] print (MyRect)
    [-] if MyRect.ySize &lt; 800
    [ ] ODMHome.ODMMenu.ScrollIntoView ()
    [ ] ODMHome.ODMMenu.SetActive()
    [ ] Print ("As scrollbar is enabled, object is not in view")

Any workaround team? I want to perform click operation on a push button after scrolling down in the child window.pour your thoughts ..