SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any way to disable results file display to the screen?

I found I could write my own function to generate results to a persistent text file, in a format I like with the info I want. So the automatic .res file at the end of a test run is unnecessary and redundant for me now. I would rather not have it come up and have to be clicked away. Is there a setting anywhere that will stop it? I've looked in the manual and cruised the options. I thought that the Show Results Summary checkbox would do it, but no. I think that's the name -- it's on the Runtime Options. I'm at home now, so I can't look to see the real name of the checkbox.

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Any way to disable results file display to the screen?

1. Setting Options/Runtime "History Size" to zero is accepted, but has no effect.

2. Checking the box "show overall summary" will remove part of the default result text.

3. Writing your own versions of TestCaseExit(), ScriptExit(), TestPlanExit() will avoid their messages.

4. Replacing all calls to Print() with your own version will prevent that text from appearing in the results file.

5. The only thing that remains in the results file is the:

"Script ....t - passed"

line which you may also be able to bypass by finding and changing something in the base Silk .inc files.

As an alternative, you might consider using Results/Extract or Results/Export.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Offline all day - power failure at work blew the company's network. Couldn't check in here, couldn't do any testing. Couldn't even fire up Silk because I couldn't get to the license server (!!)

So - I'm guessing that Extract or Export will make Silk write the results somewhere else where I can just ignore them?

I also forgot about the testcaseExit() - I believe I remember something being in there that called for logging results. I'll look tomorrow.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<b><i>So - I'm guessing that Extract or Export will make Silk write the results somewhere else where I can just ignore them?</b></i>

No. They provide various ways to massage existing results text so that you might avoid the effort of creating your own format.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if this will fit the bill, but if you run the script via the command line (see "partner command" in help), you can add a -q switch which will kill the whole SilkTest process automatically after test execution.

------------------