SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone use FACETS?

Has anyone done any automated work with Erisco FACETS? (For those unfamiliar, FACETS is a Medical Insurance Database access client app.) Silk is seeing much of it, but is getting a lot of CustomWin on some key tables that I need to pull data from.

I've spoken with someone from TriZetto (the company that bought Erisco) to see what this application was written in to see if I can tweak something in the Extension Enabler. But, if any of you have already worked with it, I'd love to hear your input.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Anyone use FACETS?

Okay, so, no takers on this one. I've learned that this application was written predominantly in VB with some C++ here and there.

There are what appear to be tables (with the expected rows and columns) and I need to pull information out of one of those columns in order to verify the related information in the website being tested. Unfortunately, Silk is not seeing the table as a table (if indeed that is what it is) bur rather as a ListBox. This ListBox and just about every other control in this app is hidden beneath about 3+ layers of CustomWin that Silk can't identify.

My understanding is that with Silk 5.5, VB support is supposed to be "built in" rather than having to enable the extension the way we used to do. Am I missing somethig here?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have a publically available example of this table to satisy some curiosity?

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, no, I don't John. It took some arm twisting to even get it on my desktop. FACETS is a tool Premera bought, so I don't know a great deal about how it was put together.

It is the "fat client" they use to access their medical database. I'm working on/testing the web access to the same database and one of the things our manager wants to do is verify that the web values returned match those of the fat client (FACETS). That's why I need to see the values in those tables.

I've added the executable to the extension list and enabled ActiveX on it. I'll keep pounding away on it, but certainly welcome any thoughts.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried a ListPrint() of a GetContents() on the list box to see what appears? I've found that intervening CustomWins don't present much of a problem if you just imbed them in the tag - of your listbox for example.

Keep the MainWin declaration separate (with the listbox declared inside it) however. A GetContents() of a single single, declared-as-a-mainwin, fully qualified tag may not yield anything at all from the print.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was my next angle of attack John. Thanks. I'm hoping to get the contents of the "ListBox" and parse for what I'm needing. I hope that even though the object is being seen as a list box, it will have some sort of tab or something I can use as a delimiter.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried every method available to manipulating a ListBox and all I get back is "#1"

I may have to throw my monitor off the top of the building.

------------------