K12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annoyance with Html

Hi all,

I am running testcases for a Web App and they are all running fine now except this one bugger.
    The test case fills in a form on a web page with data. When I run the script silk starts to enter the data into the form, however, then it seems to lose itself and scroll back up the page and enter data into the wrong location, over writing existing data. The web page needs to be scrolled to reach the next section of the form. I use ScrollToView () , though it wasn't necessary with .Click ().
    I am new to silk and this is the error I am receiving ::

[ ] *** Error: Window '[HtmlTextField]Account:[3]' was not found
    [ ] Occurred in ThirdPartyAccountDetails.CreateThirdParty.EnterDet ails.CorrBankAccountNumber.SetText
    [ ] Called from CreateThirdPartyAcc at releasetwoone.t(439)

When I test my code using Record - window identifiers and all code is fine. Any ideas what is wrong ?

Appreciated

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Annoyance with Html

I believe you have an index problem.

Try this:

1. Compile your test.

2. Start Record/Action and perform the exact sequence as your failing testcase.

3. Paste the recording to a temporary window. Carefully compare the commands that were captured to your actual declarations for those objects.

The commands that you're interested in that ones that contain quotes. These are dynamic tags that Silk creates when a declaration match isn't found.

Update your declared tag using the information from the dynamic capture. Then try running again.

Note that the "3" in:

'[HtmlTextField]Account:[3]'

represents the third instance of some text field called Account. If this number of these instances varies from run-to-run, your code will have to account for it.

John

------------------