0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JavaJFCtreeView.getContents () giving truncated entries

I have a slightly large JavaJFCTreeView
    with which I am using SilkTest

When I do something like this on a
    fully expanded tree

list of string wlist =TreeView.GetContents ()

and ListPrint() the wList I am getting
    truncated entries. Is there a way to get around this.

Also when I am using treeView.findItem() to find items that are around 4 levels deep below the root, the findItem () fails to find
    the item (even if it was visible and exposed. Does the truncation of the paths seen above have anything to do with this.

Needless, to say I am not very happy about the javajfctreeview support available from
    SilkTest.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JavaJFCtreeView.getContents () giving truncated entries

Might be the depth and Length of the tree could pose this problem.Try the same with a small treeview.

------------------
    Babu NM
    Babu NM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Silk will automatically truncate result file entries that exceed a certain length - somewhere around 200 columns if I recall correctly. (I'm home; Silk isn't.) The data is probably intact; it's just that print has its limits.

2. Certainly a listprint is a good way to debug the find-ability of specific text. Try substituting a looped print with each iteration-print prefixed a length() call to see how long each entry really is. Looking at the list variable in debug is a non-print equivalent.

3. Since Java is so darned flexible and because developers rarely restrain themselves, you may have to puzzle through to your own solution set. The flexibility is what causes heartburn for all automation tools, so a generic command can encounter problems. (Not an excuse; just reality.)

In my own adventures with JavaJFC trees, I replaced a number of standard methods to fit my particular application's needs. I would automatically prefix a leading slash onto the passed find value if one was not already present. Note that each node in a branched path requires its own slash so you'll probably need build the entire path from root to leaf for any search. Be sure to place your coding efforts into a JavaJFCTree class variant so that your solution can be applied everwhere it may be needed in the future. Doing this makes current development and future maintenance a one-stop effort.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just Check for ListCount(wlist) and also print treeviewobject.GetItemCount(TRUE) and check weather both are same,
    and also check to print print(wlist[some big Integer])
    and find out...

------------------
    p.srinivasulu
    p.srinivasulu