I'm seeing an oddity with HtmlLinks. Silk is seeing the link as HtmlText and the Link is actually seen as the text above the link.
Nothing unusual about the links. They are both standard links in a paragraph, linking to another page on the local website. The one thing they both have in common is that they are the first piece of "text" on a new line; meaning aligned left. The paragraphs are inside HtmlTables, but there are about a dozen other links in the same table(s) that are seen and manipulated beautifully.
What's up with these two links? Has anyone seen this behavior before?
I have seen this before. When the links were inside a table just as yours are. For some reason the first links are never recognized properly. I have a work around for this.
I recorded the mouse click rather than trying to record the click on the text link. I then placed these coordinates into the text file for the testcase. I usually use text files to store the my testcases. I then have Silk parse through these files executing each step as a separate unit.
Try recording the actual mouse click and see if this works.
This workaround worked well, provided you write your tests in this fashion.
I had a similar problem where it seemed that when i tried to click on a link, it would click a little above it. Strange... I just set the cursor position to the text preceding it then tabbed over and hit enter. Hope this helps...
I have multiple scripts which must manipulate this link. On most of them, I will be able to utilize some of the suggestions mentioned here. However, I recently wrote a LinkWalker script which walks all the links on the site, and the script has no means (right now) of determining what link it is manipulating, so the script is currently clicking above the link.