SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest and PersonalJava

Has anyone tried and managed to get SilkTest to see applications running under Sun PersonalJava? I have added the pjava.exe to the extension but I still cannot see anything in the application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

------------------
    Paul Tucker
    Merit AT
    www.merit-at.com
    Paul Tucker
    Merit AT
    www.merit-at.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest and PersonalJava

Enable Java extensions under Options>Extensions. This should work.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sree,

Thanks for that but not quite that simple I'm afraid. PersonalJava does not use the standard java executable, so I have added the4 new executable in to the Extension enabler. All well and good, however the application I am testing is not based on Standard Java classes. It is a swing app, but all of the classes are custom. You can run the app by having pjava as your jre and a few jar files that the developers have written in your classpath. You no not need any standard java stuff installed. This seems to be where I am getting stuck. I can get SilkTest to see that we are looking at a Java app, but none of the controls are visible.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Paul

------------------
    Paul Tucker
    Merit AT
    www.merit-at.com
    Paul Tucker
    Merit AT
    www.merit-at.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must make sure that "SilkTest_Java2.jar" is in the CLASSPATH of your Java app when it runs. Personal Java might not use the same environment variables as the JRE, so you or your developers might need to add this jar to the app explicitly.

The logical place to ask this type of compatability question is Segue support -- what did they say ?

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com