User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Information on TestPlanExit

Greetings,
    I am trying to use TestPlanExit(bException) to perform some processing at plan execution completion. From the help text, this function is "Executed when a test plan is exited.". Does anyone have a good definition for what "when a test plan is exited" means? It appears that ths function is only called when at least one testcase is excluded from execution. Running all the tests in a plan (either through explicit selection or "run all") will not run TestPlanExit.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Information on TestPlanExit

For me, TestPlanExit works as expected. It executed at the end of the plan, like TestcaseExit does for tests and ScriptExit does for scripts.

It didn't matter whether I ran all tests or selected ones.

What is different however is that TestPlanEnter isn't run at all unless you select a subset of the available tests. (<u>That</u> would seem to be a bug.) I didn't try executing a script from another script.

To do the above I just created TestPlanEnter and TestPlanExit routines with print statements in them.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Information on TestPlanExit

As John identified, and with further experimentation, running a single plan does appear to work as expected. Even a master with one or more sub plans. TestPlanEnter is called at the first test case executed and TestPlanExit is called following the last test case executed. It seems the plan cannot contain *anything* other then blank lines or comments following the last test case executed.

------------------