K12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[HtmlPushButton]OK\' was not found

I am trying to get Silk to select an ok button. My code is

MainFrame.CentreFrame.ActualLink.Click()

But I get the above error. This is working throughout the rest of my scripts with different ok buttons.

I even tried the ScrollIntoView (), although this shold not be required with the click (), but still no joy.

The page requires scrolling down to reach the ok button.

Any ideas ? appreciated..

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [HtmlPushButton]OK\' was not found

I'm not sure exactly what ActualLink is, but I'm guessing it's something you put in the *.inc that looks like:
    HtmlPushButton ActualLink
    tag "OK"

If it is, then I suggest you pull up the app with the button in question then in Silk Record Windows Declarations to check out exactly what silk sees it as. Maybe the caption is Ok with a little k instead of a capital one, or some other little error.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [HtmlPushButton]OK\' was not found

Open your application and get to the screen with the OK button (or is it a link? Your code says 'link' but your error says 'button.'

Regardless of that, once you are on that screen, do a Record Testcase with default base state of None. Do whatever you have to do to expose that link/button, and click it manually .

Take the line of code from the recording in which you clicked the object and paste it right above your current line of code that is giving the error. Compare the two lines. Look at the tags embedded in the newly recorded line if there are any. Do they match what is in your include?

Try commenting out your current line and running with the new line? Same error?

If it works with the new line, begin at the left end of the lines of code and up to each "dot" replace the pieces of the new line, with corresponding pieces of the old line. Run it again each time you replace up to the next "dot." The point at which it stops running correctly is the snippet of code that is causing the problem.

I hope this makes sense.

------------------