SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Known issue with Popups in 5.5.3??

I'm going to keep working this issue, but wanted to post the question here...

Are there any known issues with selecting an item from HtmlPopupLists in 5.5 sp3?

The list is clicked, opens but nothing is selected; not by index or text string. The list just opens and closes and opens and closes.

UseDocumentEvents is set to False in the domex.ini as directed by the release notes.

Have tried Select(), MenuSelect(), PopupSelect()

Burned the whole day on this yesterday. Argh!!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Known issue with Popups in 5.5.3??

Yup. There are several mentions of these topics in the release notes for SP3, and the Hotfix 1 docs at Segue.

My experience with PopupSelect() in Java is that it isn't at all reliable. I suspect that HTML's issues are similar.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still not able to get this to work. I see that MenuSelect is essentially a call to PopupSelect which ultimately calls Pick().

I may just have to comment these tests out for now. Law of diminishing returns is about to take effect.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The call to Select(sItem) works when stepping through in Debug. However, it fails when running "normally." That is highly annoying!

Stragegically placed Sleep statements have no effect on this. the item is never actually "selected until AFTER the exception is thrown. The instant the exception is thrown, the menuitem is selected and the page it targets is properly loaded.

The exception is no help at all. All it tells me is that the window containing the popuplist is not found. Of course it is. We've been testing on it for several minutes prior to hitting this popup.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The behavior you're describing is familiar.
    In one instance on the Java-side I found that you had to exercise the popup once it appeared by moving to another menu item before it would work. (What'a joke.)

The alternative I found that was completely reliable was to create a Popup "JPopupMenu" instance in my declarations since "there can be only one". Then place menuitems inside it to defined all possible menu selections in the usual manner. I then used Pick(), not PopupSelect().

A resulting call might look like:

[your MainWin here].Popup.[your defined menu item here].Pick()

Prior to this however you will need to associate a Pick() routine to the object from which the Popup will appear - in either a class or specific instance. Inside that Pick() you'll open the popup with a Click(2) then call MenuItem::Pick().

I'll try to dig out some example code if the above mess isn't clear enough.

John

------------------

[This message has been edited by John J. Miller (edited 08-28-2002).]

[This message has been edited by John J. Miller (edited 08-28-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJ,

Take a look at my last reply in:
    http://www.qaforums.com/Forum1/HTML/003885.html

It likely contains the seed for a similar solution in HTML.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John,

I'll look at your other posting and also will look into creating my own popup in the include file as you mentioned. Thanks for the feedback.

------------------