SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Workaround for ASP.NET applications

I have turned to the gurus at Qa Forums with a particularly tough situation with one of our clients.

They are moving most of their development into an asp.net environment. .net is supported by Silk Performer, but official support in Silktest is not due until Q1 2003
    according to Segue.

My question is, has anyone had any success with doing Windows Declarations for an asp.net application with silktest? I was informed by Segue Support that standard HTML controls will likely be supported, but custom controls will not likely see support until 2003.

So far I have been running into problems doing windows declarations.

Anyone have any advice, setup suggestions, or workarounds until we see full support in 2003?

Thank you for your help! Any information you can provide me in the next couple days would be appreciated.

John Finnegan

------------------
    John Finnegan
    QA Assocaites.co
    John Finnegan
    Automation Engineer
    QaAssociates.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Workaround for ASP.NET applications

The workarounds depend on the envirnment. Is this a C#.NET, a vb.NET or an ASP.NET application?

Is the application using Window Forms?

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Workaround for ASP.NET applications

Thanks for your response James! This is a Asp.net application.

Yesterday I discovered the main problem I was encountering was due to their environment.

I was unfamiliar with a security applet they were running called Citrix/ICA. Their development area was behind this applicaiton. This encryption mechanism was preventing any sort of capturing from occurring. After a lot of emails and phone calls, I managed to get to a proper Address and viola ... capturing began to work.

So far my experience with this asp.net application has been relatively positive. I am getting successful and proper declarations, scripts are playing back well, and silktest seems to be working.

I imagine I am going to hit incompatible areas in the future, but so far its working super.

Thanks for you response James, any additional ideas, workarounds, suggestions, or words of advice are always appreciated. Happy to say that this so far has been going well.

------------------
    John Finnegan
    Automation Engineer
    QaAssociates.com
    John Finnegan
    Automation Engineer
    QaAssociates.com