SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recording Classes

I am using Silk 5.0 to automate testing of a Java Applet which is using Swing.
    When I tried to record the window declaration some of the objects were recorded as CustomWin. Then from record class I
    recorded the classes as shown below.

Then I re-recorded the window declaration and most of the objects were correctly recorded.
    On the recorded window there are two JavaJFCPushButtons.
    Now if I try to use Record Window Idenfier to identify the Button I get

MyApp.JavaxSwingJRootPane.NullLayeredPane.NullCont entPane.Button1

and that's how it is in the declaration.

Now if I close my application and restart it and then try to use Record Window
    Idenfier to identify the Button I get

MyApp.JavaJFCPushButton("#1") which is not the same as above.

But now if I just bring up the Record Class Window and just close it ( do not have to record any classes)
    and then use record window identifier I get what I got for the first time which is
    MyApp.JavaxSwingJRootPane.NullLayeredPane.NullCont entPane.Button1

Am I missing something. Why do I have to do Record class every time I start my application. If I don't do this SilkTest cannot find the objects.

Any help will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
    N. Desai

[This message has been edited by ndesai_2000 (edited 01-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by AJ (edited 01-16-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Recording Classes

Why are you trying to record class on these panels? Do you need to access them directly? They usually don't contribute much to testing and make your statements really long. The normal behavior should be that SilkTest ignores them so the buttons should not show up as children of these panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not just this Window that I am having problem with. Even if I don't record classes for Panels I have other objects on some of the other windows which I need to test.
    For exanple:

So it looks like, as long there is recorded class in my include file I will have this problem.

I just came across another article which was posted on 07/29/1999 with Topic: SilkTest+Java+Hiden Obj.
    The problem looked similar to one I am experiencing. There they mentioned something about a switch which lets you "check/uncheck the Show All Classes Box on the Record/Class Window". It did not say how it can be done.

IS there anyone who knows how we can check/uncheck Show All Classes.

Thanks,
    N. Desai

[This message has been edited by ndesai_2000 (edited 01-17-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can check/uncheck Show all classes from the Record Class dialog. However, you should read the section in the online help on Record Classes for Ignored Java objects. Go to the online help, chapter "testing java applets and applications", then under Recording classes, you will find some info on this.