SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HtmlTable question

as our friend said, HtmlTable are really dirty for Silk but if yr htmltables are having constant indexes then you cna code like
    BrowserPage.HtmlTable("#1").HtmlColumn("#1").HtmlT extField("#1").SetText ("yr text").

if indexes are changing then you need to use typekeys to click TAB to reach to the point where u can type the text u want.

One thing isnot clear from yr question? r u able to recognize yr tables or not?

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HtmlTable question

Newbie here, you guys have a great forum and seem to be able to answer everyone's question.

I have one now that seems to be a combination of several. I'm testing a program in IE6.0 with SilkTest 5.5.3. The ordering page has a dynamic HtmlTable that is customized for each user. The order of the items could be different for each user. I need a way to be able to parse for a product name in a column of HtmlLink, then stay in that row and place a quantity and price into a HtmlTextBox. I think this could be done once I get Silk to recognize this nested table as a table. I've seen some things about changing settings but I really don't understand what they are doing and they aren't helping any. If anyone could help me I would be very appreciative. The user guide has been useless in this area.

Tai

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk has some problem with HtmlTable.
    If you can avoid using HtmlTable, then, shut off the HtmlTable recognition and use plain links and textfields.

Once you found your HtmlLink, just tab into the number of columns to get to targeted Textfield.
    Or, just count down to the index of textfield, whatever easier for you.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your help, the setFocus then typeKeys(<Tab>) works good. Now kind of a follow up. I may have cases where I need to be able to test how many rows a column has and vice versa. How would you find out how many rows and columns are in this table when Silk doesn't think it's a table?

------------------

K12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something like this for rows and same for columns might do it....might shed some light

[ ] int nRows = tableAccountHistory.GetRowCount()
    [ ] int i
    [ ] StringTable listReturnValues
    [ ] list of string listRowContents
    [ ]
    [-] for (i=1; i<=nRows; i++)
    [ ] listRowContents = tableAccountHistory.GetRowText(i)
    [ ] print(listRowContents)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work because Silk doesn't recognize the table and how do you getRowCount() of something that doesn't have rows in your eyes? There's got to be some clever guru out there who had to figure this out and has an elegant solution, right?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can have your cake and eat it too:

If you want to run normally without tables, but still want to be able to count rows in a table, then dynamically turn on the tables at runtime just before calling GetRowCount(). Then turn them back off when you get the row count. Note that you should also have a line of code after turning tables on to set the borderless tables setting to the desired value for accuracy...

~ Fred

------------------