SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There must be an easier way...

Been digging through the docs, looking for a simple method that will determine if a link opens a new browser window or replaces the contents of the current window.

Getting ready to write an elaborate function to do it, but wanted to check here first to see if I'm missing something in the docs.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: There must be an easier way...

Hmmm. looks like I could do something as simple as:

if Browser2.Exists()

If it does, I might safely assume that the link opened a new window.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: There must be an easier way...

Unfortunately I do not know much about Html. I will have remedy that problem some day. But, There should be something in the html that tells the browser to open the link in a new window, isn't there? If so you could parse that html to find it and determine what it will do.

Of course this is only useful if you really want to know before the link opens if it will open in a new window. If you don't care then exists.browser2() will work just fine.

------------------