Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treeview items problem

Hi ...

I have a problem in TreeView.
    I have some items in treeview which have different background colors..
    i want to get the bgcolor of each items..
    i am new to silk test..so please explain me elaborately..
    Thanks in advance

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Treeview items problem

(I assume you mean that the different items actually have different background colors, not just that one item might be highlighted -- selected -- while another it not.)

Are you doing Web or client/server testing?

If Web, the first thing to try is picking View/Source in your browser and seeing if the color information is found there. If so, all you have to do is have 4Test do the View/Source menu pick and search the text in that window for the information you want, and parse it out.

If you're testing a client/server app, however, you're in trouble. Assuming a bitmap capture (ick) won't suit your purposes, you will definitely need to consult your developer. Since I don't think having a different background color for each treeview item is exactly standard Win32 programming, I figure your dev team has added custom behavior to the control class. Ultimately you would probably want to buy the Extension Kit for this, and if you don't have source code access to your AUT, someone with that access will have to work with you. I doubt if you want to go that far with this(?).

AG

------------------