User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest and Layers

We using layers in our web pages. How can I do for SilkTest to see what's in the layers ?
    Remy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest and Layers

Think of it as a game where you open doors into rooms to see what's inside. The rooms in this case are represented by dialogs, windows, frames, or panels and panes (layers) - whatever - they're all unique GUI-specific forms of containers. As you open each one, in addition to finding expected contents (text fields, buttons, ...), you may also find more doors. Silk can automatically open many of an application's doors itself during record/declarations - like menus for their contents. With other containers like frames, or your layers for example, you may need to open them yourself.

Start Record/Window Declarations and use the mouse-cursor to see what's in each room. Notice that if you move slowly between rooms with the cursor, the contents of the record/declarations dialog will change substantially. After you visit each room paste its 'inventory' into the declarations file at the appropriate place, then review the contents to find more rooms. The declaration file becomes a map of the application.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried it but it seems that Silk see only what's under the layer. I don't know how to record tags only for the layer.

------------------
    Remy
    Remy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, go into Record/Class. Make certain that the "Show all classes" checkbox in the lower left corner is <u>un</u>checked. Then try again. (Leaving this box checked makes Silk extremely picky.)

To record a single tag, go to Options/Agent. then the Compatibility tab. Check the box for "Add window tags to the record menu". Now you can use Record/Tag.

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. I didn't think of that option.
    When I try it, it also sees the textfield which are below the layer, so in the Class Name it displays TextField (In the layer (in DHTML), I have a list with a scroll bar where I can make choices). It seems that Silk can't see this layer. I am in VO, maybe it is the problem. In help file layer section it is mentionned that it is a Java class. Is there something special to do for that ?

------------------
    Remy
    Remy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you post a picture of the web page and a copy of your declarations?

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the screen capture, the blank square is the opended layer on top of the form.

I captured the declaration with the layer open.

------------------
    Remy

[This message has been edited by Remyw (edited 08-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Remyw (edited 08-22-2002).]
    Remy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If u wanna capture forms underneath you can select FORM checkbox on Extensions for a selected browser onder Options>Extensions

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunetly I,m not using DOM but VO. So the option sree suggests is not available.

------------------
    Remy
    Remy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My co-worker suggests that you activate DOM and VO one at at time with the extension enablers, and use the one that exposes the most objects with record/declarations.

The only other solution I can offer is in the Silk Online Help text. Enter "DOM" in the index and check out the "comparison with VO" section.

John

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast