SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

datadriven tests good docs but need some help with them

I have found these very good documents on the segue web site but need some examples or some explaining as to how one can use them in prectice for example if I have to populate many dialogs with various different data sets what would I need to do?

Can you experienced guys give a hand here.
    Probably many of you might be doing this already.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: datadriven tests good docs but need some help with them

I know about testcase and testscript separation(where testscripts are generated with a custome language suited to our need), but what is datadriven test in your own words?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: datadriven tests good docs but need some help with them

Looks like you are talking abt having different sets of data for more test coverage. You can use different approches like having test data in a database or have data in test file and one row may contain data for one testcase. You can use DB functions and file function liek FileOpen, FileReadLine and GetField functions to use thsi data for testing. If I am wrong in assessing what u mean please reply, I can help u.

------------------
    Sree
    Sree