SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkBean troubles

I am having trouble with SilkTest not wanting to see my standalone Java App's MainWin when run through SilkBean. I connect to the remote Solaris machine though Exceed and then start up my AUT & SilkBean. Everything to that point works fine. But when I run a script on it, Silk sees my app as a DialogBox. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkBean troubles

Not familiar with Exceed, so I can't address that.

Try connecting to the bean first. The bean needs to be running. Then have your script start the AUT via the bean. My guess is that Silk is unable to recognize your AUT because of a classpath issue.

Any more detail on this issue would be helpful.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can start the SilkBean server and AUT just fine and I get app registered, etc. That's not the issue. It's when I try and run my scripts its almost as if Silk is trying to execute it on the host machine not the target machine. And yes I've set the target machine as the remote Solaris box.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry eisvik, I'm getting confused. I sounds like there are a couple of issues here. 1. Silk is seeing your Java app as a dialog box with no controls on it. 2. Silk appears to be wanting to run on your local machine rather than the solaris box.

On issue 1. it appears that the segue jar file has been punted out of your classpath. Do some checking on the classpath and see how that is set on the Solaris box. Also look at your AUT and see if it is modifying/overriding the classpath when it loads. Any time I've had a Java application look to Silk like an empty dialog box, it was because I'd lost contact with my SilkTest_JavaX.jar file. Silk knew something was there but couldn't make sense of it.

On issue 2. it sounds like Silk wants to talk to the agent on the local machine. Be sure to turn off the agent. When testing with the bean, the agent does not come into play at all. Silk talks directly to the bean.

Good luck with this. Java testing with Silk can be very frustrating, but once you get it all configured, it works pretty well.

------------------