Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Function calls

hi,

if i want to get the string value from a window object ,e.g:-
    i want to pick up a string "email address"
    the procedure which i want the silk test to execute is- open mailbox, from the inbox, open a mail , and capture the email address in the 'to' field.

this was wht i did:-
    [ ] STRING str
    [ ] str = DialogBox("* - Message (RichText)").DialogBox("E-mail Properties").StaticText("E-mail address:|$4514").GetText ()
    [ ] print (str)

this code gives result as the string "E-mail address " instead of giving me the value, "xyz@company.com"
    how can i get this value ?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Function calls

it seems to me as you are accessing the wrong object: the gettext() retrieves the label (static text). The adress you're looking for is contained in a separate object, which off course has to be adressed separately.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello,

actually i have defined a new method which will select all text from the text field of the "email properties" dialogbox which is recognized as a customWin object.

but i dont know from where to call the method.(i mean which file?)
    i was trying to insert this method in the frame.inc file but then from the testscript how will i refer it, or call it?
    i do'nt know where to exactly define it/declare it?

can anybody help?

regards,
    QASuvarna.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Placing any custom method you write in an include file is perfectly fine. Simply place a use statement at the top of your script. For example, my current script's first two lines read

use "Core.inc"
    use "HealthWeb.inc"

HealthWeb.inc has all the declarations for the current project. Core.inc has numerous shared functions just like what you have described. If you have the use statement in place as described above, everything inside that include file (your frame.inc) will be available to you.

I also strongly encourage you to take the time to get some "clean" declarations of your applications. If you do this, your current call:
    will look more like

A well constructed include file will allow you to eliminate the "tag" data in your script. Readability and maintenance are greatly improved.

Good luck!

------------------