SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When to write Script?

Tool automatically generates the script.in situation i need to write the script?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: When to write Script?

I'm not real clear on what it is you are asking, but it sounds like you have recorded a script and are wondering when and why you would need to modify the code.

In recording your actions, the tool will simply play back what you DID, not what you SAW! The tool will type what you typed and click where you clicked. The key is, it will verify NOTHING. You need to place your verification routines in key spots to look for certain return values and correct behaviors.

The more you use the tool, the less you will use the "recorder/playback" feature. About the only time I use it is to click on a specific object that is giving me trouble, in order to see what the tool is recognizing.

Good luck!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: When to write Script?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bkarthi:
    Tool automatically generates the script.in situation i need to write the script?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next time you go on a break, make sure your office mate cannot select Record/Testcase from your SilkTest main menu.

Seriously, the tool will only generate the script when you tell it to. You are not seeing things. This is just how it works!

------------------