User Tag List

Thread: Error Message

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Error Message

I am not sure if this is related to your problem but I receive errors like this when my data is not all formatted as text. We had to write a macro that will cycle through all of the sheets in our spreadsheet periodically and change everything to text.

Also, you may want to verify that your data source configuration is still correct. Such as the name did not change in the ODBC manager or in your script.

Good luck.

------------------

[This message has been edited by kkoski (edited 08-07-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Error Message

Make sure that your csv file has been opened in excel and saved in excel format. The other thing to check os whether a region has been defined in the worksheet. Excel ODBC drivers key off of regions as table names.

For more info check out http://www.ameliortech.com/stuff/too...Test_Excel.zip

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error Message

I am receiving the following error message when trying to connect to a .csv file in excel:
    [ ] *** Error: (HY000) [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] External table is not in the expected format.

The first couple times I ran the test it worked fine. Now I'm getting this error all of a sudden. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
    Jill Vannausdle