User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP! InternetOpenURLA and Silktest

Hi all,

I'm using a function found in wininet.dll to open up URL's in a script. However, we have one URL that it constantly hangs on. The URL appears to be dead, but checking on NETSTAT from the command line, you can see the server has an established connection. The problem is, the server never returns information, and the program hangs.

If this was Visual C++, I'd just use a InternetGetStatus() function to tell me what the status was, and break out of the deadlock loop.

However, I'm having a DOOZY of a time with Silktest and doing this.

Has anyone ever worked with the wininet.dll library and care to share some tips?

Stumped in Missouri,

Robert

[This message has been edited by dmxrob (edited 08-06-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HELP! InternetOpenURLA and Silktest

Hey, Robert! Did you manage to work it out?
    cause I am trying to implement wininet.dll in silktest as well, and so far it doesn't seem to work for me.

Thank you,
    Alla

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use the search link above for "wininet.dll". Several of the results have references to example code. (I started looking at them from the bottom up and didn't look at them all. You'll probably need to review each of them for relevance to your particular needs.)

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did get a lot of links however, I couldn't open the knowldedge papers from silktest,because by the time the renew our maintenance with Segue, I already have to deliver the project.

And I don't have an access to those white papers with snippets of code, which they mentioned.

Thank you, though