SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with some standard controls (VB)

Two questions. The application I'm testing was written in VB6.

First, I noticed there is no Date-time picker class. Do you guys just map the DateTime to the TextField class and then parse the text? I'm a little disappointed there wasn't already a base class for Date-time picker controls, because that is a standard common control.

Second, I have a tab control in a dialog that I've tried mapping to a PageList and an OLESSTab (vbclass.inc). As a PageList, GetContents() method returns an empty list, and as an OLESSTab it throws an error ($Tabs not found). Basically, none of the methods work when the tab control is mapped as a PageList or OLESSTab.

Thanks
    --Don

------------------
    Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems with some standard controls (VB)

You will need to the the record class tool to teach Silk about this control. You will find it useful if you can get the help file that documents the object and the methods that it has.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems with some standard controls (VB)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
    You will need to the the record class tool to teach Silk about this control.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the Date-time picker control? I think I can write the methods myself; I was just complaining that Segue should have already created this class and the proper methods because it is a standard API control.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>
    You will find it useful if you can get the help file that documents the object and the methods that it has.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have already looked at the documentation and know what methods to use and how to use them, they just aren't returning the results I am expecting. For example, when I call LIST of STRING lsPages = myTabView.GetContents() I am expecting a list of about 12 tab labels, but the list is empty.

------------------
    Don