SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing contents of window not recognized by SilkTest 5.5

I have a window in my AUT where the user must complete some details in a window (text boxes etc.) When this is OK'd a new set of details is drawn in the same window, which must also be filled. It is the same window (same caption & tag) but has different objects drawn within it.

I can use Silk to record all the objects, but when running my test it appears that after filling the first set of data Silk cannot see the second set of objects. It behaves as if the first set is still present. I checked this by doing a GetChildren, with Silk returning a set of objects which were no longer present.

Is there any way to make Silk refresh what it "sees" when the contents of the window are refreshed?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Changing contents of window not recognized by SilkTest 5.5

I know of no way to force Silk's Agent to reinitialize itself. Segue support says there's no such command. (I'm not convinced.)

That the first set of objects seems to still exist to Silk isn't really a problem, is it?

I suspect that your failed attempt to use a member of the second set of objects might be a timing issue - Silk may be attempting to use them before they're fully rendered.

Try inserting a small "if second-object Exists()==FALSE ..." loop just after the first OK button press to wait for a second-set object to appear. Then continue on with the rest of your test.

John

------------------