SPONSORS:

User Tag List

How to verify one item in a list of items?

Background: Using SilkTest 5.5 to test a Java application

Currently, I am writing a testcase which tests an advanced search functionality. The application is designed to search on many items such as company name, currency, country etc. Then the application returns a list of all results than match my search criteria.

Problem: I want to use the VerifyProperties method (or another method) to verify the one specific test item that I am searching for. As I change my search criteria many of the search results will change, however, my test item should always appear in the list regardless of what search combination I use. I have tried various combinations of the VerifyProperties method, however, I always get an error message b/c of the additional results that appear also.

Example Code: [-] SearchResults.SearchResultsTable.VerifyProperties ({...})
    [ ] ""
    [-] {...}
    [ ] {"$Text", "TK_368849=361 ABBEY NATIONAL"}

Error message:
    [-] Testcase Extended_Search - 1 error
    [ ] *** DefaultBaseState is invoking AC_Desktop
    [ ] *** Error: Verify properties failed
    [ ] Occurred in SearchResults.SearchResultsTable.VerifyProperties
    [ ] Called from Extended_Search at extended_search.t(62)
    [ ] *** DefaultBaseState is closing AC_Desktop windows
    [ ] Closing SearchResults

Can anyone tell me how to verify one item in a list of items or direct me to the appropriate help files?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to verify one item in a list of items?

My first impulse is to do away with the VerifyProperties call. Rather, I'd use GetContents () to trap the table entries (I suspect you'll need to play with this some if you've got multiple columns) and then ListFind to determine whether my target value is present:

[ ] LIST OF STRING lsContents = SearchResults.SearchResultsTable.GetContents ()
    [ ] if ListFind (lsContents, sMyExpectedValue) == 0
    [ ] // target value not found
    [ ] RaiseError (1, "ERROR...")

------------------
    jlamprech@yahoo.com
    Jon A. Lamprech
    jlamprech@yahoo.com