User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help testing Oracle forms (Web) using SilkTest

Hi
    I'm trying to fix a existing 4Test (SilkTest) program which run Oracle web form (Java Applet) and when I start running the program, immediately it gives me an error like

Error: Member sCmdLine is not defined in window OracleClinical for Microsoft Windows/NT 4.0.

I couldn't make out why this happening. Any help is appreciated. If anybody doing test against Oracle web form using SilkTest I'm very much interested to share knowledge.

Thanks
    Santhosh

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need help testing Oracle forms (Web) using SilkTest

Look for this in your frame.inc file.
    See whether you have include it in your compilation.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    Thanks for your response.

In frame.inc it's was not there and I added, still it gives me the same error. The problem is Silktest couldn't able to invoke the applet. Is there any setup issues. Moreover I have one more question that when I test an applet, shall I test in some client machine or I should test in the application server (where all the applet class files resides).

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you're testing an applet, I assume that you should be launching a Browser session, and that a BrowserChild object should be established as your MainWin (for which case the sCmdLine member is already defined as part of the Browser declaration, and don't forget to select your Browser extension). Your applet is then invoked by loading the appropriate URL. Is this the case, or is there something else in the picture?

------------------
    jlamprech@yahoo.com
    Jon A. Lamprech
    jlamprech@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you are correct. It's the browser extension problem and now it's invoking the applet. Thanks.

But now I got some other issues like SilkTest not recognizing the logon window. So it not login to the system.

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like you now get to play with your classpath. You may want to contact Tech Support here, since there is a resolution as to how to set up for JInitiator. This may also be in the on-line help for 5.5. If I recall, you'll need to put a copy of the SilkTest_java.jar in the \lib subdirectory of the JInitiator installation (I think the _java1.jar), and include the SilkTest_java.jar, the swingall.jar, and your applet (either the applet's .jar or its directory) in your classpath.

Good luck.

------------------
    jlamprech@yahoo.com
    Jon A. Lamprech
    jlamprech@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your quick response.

I'm very clear on your suggestion except last statement that, add my applet jar file into the classpath. Since I'm testing the application from a client machine I have no access to the applet’s jar files. Now I like to ask a question that should I test the web form only from the application server (the system which form server installed). Could you please clarify me on this. Since this is the first time working with SilkTest, I'm bit confused on this.

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The on-line help for JInitiator in SilkTest 5.5 does not specifically mention the applet's jar or class files with regard to setting the classpath; the on-line help for 5.0.3 for testing applets does mention a requirement to add the applet's jar or class files to the classpath for "applets that run outside the browser."

When I've encountered JInitiator applets in the past (all of two occasions), the applet's jar file was installed locally (on the client machine), so there was no issue of access and I happily added the applet's jar to my classpath. Given the ambiguity of whether or not you need the applet's jar/class in your classpath in this situation (if anybody's got definitive word here, jump on in) and given that the applet's jar/class is not readily accessible to you, leave it out of the classpath and see whether you can obtain object recognition.

The next important point to mention is that regardless of what your classpath looks like, you'll need to enable the Java plug-in to gain object recognition for JInitiator. Open the Extensions dialog (Options|Extensions), select your Browser extension, click the Extension button, and in the next dialog check the "Enable use of Java Plugin" box. (See "Enabling and disabling use of plug-ins" in the 5.5 on-line help for more detail.)

If after enabling the plug-in you still don't have object recognition, then it would appear that the applet's jar/class is indeed required to be added to your classpath. The straight forward answer would be to hunt down the applet's jar or class files on your server and copy them to your client machine, then add the local files to your classpath.

Good luck, hope this helps.

------------------
    jlamprech@yahoo.com
    Jon A. Lamprech
    jlamprech@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jon

It's working finaly. Actually it's the problem in the classpath and Oracle JInitiator. Thanks for your help.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear the good news! If testing Java apps or applets and you're not getting object recognition, the rule of thumb is to check your classpath.

Best of luck.

------------------
    Jon A. Lamprech
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jlamprech@ameliortech.com
    Jon A. Lamprech
    jlamprech@yahoo.com