SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting caption for \"not unique\"

I am trying to create a script where I open a window, then double click on a row in a table which opens another window. I then am going to compare the values displayed on each screen to make sure that the second window actually displayed. I am first trying to do this with the caption. However, when I do a GetCaption I receive a message stating that the window is "not unique." The GetCaption for the first window works because it is the only one open. But the GetCaption for the second window fails because there are now two windows open. Any ideas on how I can handle this?

Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Getting caption for \"not unique\"

set the following agent option prior to checking the caption: Agent.SetOption (OPT_VERIFY_UNIQUE, FALSE);

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another option (for future reference, since you've already resolved this one) is to use an instance value in your tags for the windows having a common caption:

[ ] window MainWin MyWin1
    [ ] multitiag "Common Caption"
    [ ] "Common Caption[1]"

[ ] window MainWin MyWin2
    [ ] multitiag "Common Caption[2]"

That will take care of the "not unique" complaint (if the Agent option is set). Keep in mind, however, that once you set MyWin2 active, ST may now see this as the first instance, for which the above tag is no longer valild. I'd say for moveable win objects, stick with your solution.

------------------
    Jon A. Lamprech
    jlamprech@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tip. However, I have handled this by getting the active window and then finding the caption of the active window.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also turn off the verify uniqueness flag in Agent Options - Verification tab, it can also be done with a 4-test statement within your testcase or function.

Agent.SetOption (OPT_VERIFY_UNIQUE, FALSE)

Hope this helps.