User Tag List

zim
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NS4 window declaration is not consistent

I am trying to do some automation using NS4.7 on a htmltable. But everytime I try to generate a window declaration for this screen it comes out different everytime, sometimes it just shows the data as plan html objects, sometimes it shows the data as html objects and a table. On top of that the declaration does not contain all the data in the table. Anyone else see this with silk and NS4? Anyone know a work around for this?
    Thanks,
    Zim

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: NS4 window declaration is not consistent

I have similar situations. In my case it depends on HOW I get to the page with the objects in question. If I arrive at the page from, say, PathA, then the page is rendered one way. However, if I arrove from PathB, it will be nested differently. For example, I can arrive at my page via a secure connection or from an insecure portion.

The way I've solved this is to include in my declarations BOTH scenarios and comment the declarations so others who may look at it will understand why the "dual" declarations are the. So, the first several layers of the declaration are singular since they are the same for both scenarios, but at some point, I have something like this:

It's a bit of a hack and may not be the best solution, but it is working.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DJGray (edited 07-26-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: NS4 window declaration is not consistent

I think if you are using VO, make sure your application page that you are having problems with is having the border for the table always, <table border = "1">
    when you have the border as 1 then the VO recognizes the table. else if u are using the DOM extension try changing the depth of the table recognition to the top which is '1' which should solve your problem. hope this helps