User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramblings: Segue Sales rep\' turnover

How many sale representatives have you had since you started with QA Partner/Silk?

I've had at least a dozen (since '93-94) and haven't even bothered to call the last known local number for several years now. I instead call the main office and ask for (this month's) Denver-area rep.

Somehow it seems that automation is still a coastal phenomenon with the center of the country considered a backwater (if that's possible without a beach). Does the salt air help 'em survive? Or could it be that the technical aspects of selling Silk are a obstacle? Hmmm...

John

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ramblings: Segue Sales rep\' turnover

Well, I'm in Southern California and we've had probably 10 in the last 6 years and 3 or 4 within the last 2 years. Our newest rep came and visited us about a month ago and didn't even have any business cards to give us. He didn't leave an e-mail address or phone number. He said he would get it to us but never did. I can't even remember his name. I expressed a concern about some lack of functionality in SilkTest and he said he would look into it but when I noticed that he didn't even bother to write it down, I knew he would not do a thing. Of course he hasn't. I feel your pain.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, that's a bummer for you both. I'm in Washington (state) and I've had only one sales rep in 6 years and I really value that. We know each other fairly well. In fact he was instrumental in helping me get my current job. I have his personal cell # and on occasion he has called me at my home. In fact we emailed back and forth 2 or 3 times yesterday. I've found him to be a tremendous resource when I'm having issues because he has a vested interest in keeping me happy. In moving from one job to another, two out of the last three times, I've managed to get SilkTest into environments where only manual testing was done.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DJGray (edited 07-26-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the southwest region and have been involved with two reps. Both have been very helpful and I also give the current rep we are working with credit for helping land my latest position.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Glad to hear good news about some Sales Reps!
    What about Tech Support? Any good news in this area? Has it gotten any better now that it got moved to Ireland (another idea from Mr. Butler) full of Computer Science grads?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only difference I've seen in support is they speak with Irish accents. Support is still as horrible as ever.

------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TonyM:
    The only difference I've seen in support is they speak with Irish accents. Support is still as horrible as ever.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch! Do I miss those days when the good ones were still around like Andrea and DeAnna.

Good thing AJ has this QAForums.com

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow!!! Just got a call from my sales rep. Now I have his info and he's looking into my issue. Coincedence?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We went through three or four sales reps in our region (DC/VA/MD) in less than two years. I have been less than impressed with the last one. I wanted to get an up-to-date quote on a license purchase, but his response was "You already have a quote - can't you use that one?" Of course I could, but it would have been nice to have a quote I could attach to my PO for my companies' sake.

------------------
    Atlee
    Atlee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

qafourms.com is my technical support.

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast