User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with invokeMethods, accessing java classes

Hello.
    I am testing a java stand alone app. This app contains tables which SilkTest recognizes as JavaJFCTables. The developers have extended these classes and therefor I am have trouble getting CellValues for certain columns. I have used invokeMethods with {"getValueAt"} to solve most of my problems, however for some columns I still cannot get the cell value. My developers have told me they can add a method to their class which will return me the cellvalue, however i cannot figure out how to get invokeMethods to work with it.. Can anyone help me on how I can get invokeMethods or invokeJava to access a public method in a class.

Basically, how can I get access to a public method they have added to a class
    Thanks

------------------

[This message has been edited by tfaron (edited 07-22-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Help with invokeMethods, accessing java classes

I believe if the developers do as they are saying, you can simply record the class for that table and the exposed method will show up in your recording. You should then be able to access it directly as you do any other class that Silk recognizes.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what i was thinking too- But when I record the class, which is recognized as a JavaJFCTable it likes methods which can be called by invokeMethods, but the ones I am looking for are not there.. hmm

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... so, when you do Record Class (not Declarations!) and you hover the mouse over the cells in the table with the extended Java clases, you don't see somethign like "com.mycompany.some_cryptic_classname..."?

Inside that class you should see the newly created and exposed methods that you can manipulate on an object of this class type.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help, I see them now.. another problem was the methods were protected and not public..

Thanks again all

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great! Glad you got it going.

------------------