Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    deo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk and win 2000

Upgraded to win 2000, Testing Java app. Have silk in bat file launching app to point to silktest_java2.jar as well as having the path in the system classpath. The problem I can;t capture all the declarations. It's as if silk is not seeing the objects. Anyone else have this problem or know what it may be. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Silk and win 2000

Using Record/Window Identifiers, can Silk recognize any objects beyond a mainwin or dialogbox?

John

------------------

deo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None, No push buttons or text boxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this windows based? Where is your VM installed? Look for it in the JDK1.x.x folder at the root level and then also look in Program Files\JavaSoft ... something of that nature. Then look for the .\lib\ext folder underneath that. Place the Java2.jar file in the ext folder at each of these locations. This will force the VM to load it no matter what you or some app does to the class path. The problem you are seeing is because that jar file is being pushed out of the classpath so when Silk looks at your app, it knows there is something there but has no clue what it is other than the base layer (JavaMainWin or JavaDialogBox).

------------------

[This message has been edited by DJGray (edited 07-17-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using windows 2000 without any problems.
    Have you got the Silktest_java2.jar file in the ext dirctory of your JRE.
    This will be located at something like D:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1\lib\ext

------------------
    Tempus fugit, Carpe Diem, et al

deo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I placed the java2.jar in the ext folder, restarted and still no luck. I'm using java 1.3.1. The path is F:\program files\javasoft\jre\1.3.1\lib\ext. Thanks for helping out here. I appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then the next step is to ensure that you have Options/Extensions enabled for your particular application in both Silk and from the Programs/Silktest/Extension Enabler.

If your Java application uses an executable name (check this in the Task Manager) other than java.exe or javaw.exe, insert that into both enablers using the New button. Then restart Silk.

John

------------------

deo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John,

I figured it out. It was using the java.exe in the winnt\sys32 folder rather then the javasoft folder. Thus not loading the jar in the ext. I used a set java home statment in the .bat and it works now. But i need to research more and find out why it was using the other java.exe. I checked registry and the home is set correct as well as the path in sys variables. Anyway it's going now. Sure do apprecite your time and help with this one.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Deo/All,

I got the same situation,

I try to test a java application with the .exe startup and I've included the SilkTest_Java2.jar in d:\jdk1.4\jre\lib\ext (also included in c:\winnt\system32 ) , added new .exe in both extension,checked java application pointing to 'None', re-start silk, still can not capture windows.

appreciate any advice,

hongjunp

------------------

deo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you create a .bat file calling the java app and classes? If so add the path for the silk.jar and try launching the app that way, see if silk can capture then? Good luck. Very frustrating problem.

deo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast