SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Problems with the exists method?

Background: Using SilkTest 5.5 to test a client application written in Java using Swing

Objective: Trying to verify that a certain combo box exists/does not exist depending on the item selected from a previous combo box

Problem: When I run the testcase, SilkTest returns an error because it thinks the combo box exists when in reality it does not. When I run this portion of the testcase manually, I get the correct results. In other words this isn't a bug in the application it is a problem with my SilkTest code.

Code: [-] if (Data.sChoices=="Y")
    [ ] Verify (StaticAttributeModule.ChoicesComboBox.Exists (5), TRUE)
    [ ] Print (Data.sDatatype, Data.sChoices)
    [ ] // this is not running properly - returns true?
    [-] else
    [ ] Verify (StaticAttributeModule.ChoicesComboBox.Exists (5), FALSE)
    [ ] Print (Data.sDatatype, Data.sChoices)

Error Message: [-] Testcase TriggerRadioButton_Verify - 1 error
    [ ] Enumerated 2
    [ ] Enumerated Y
    [ ] Integer 2
    [ ] *** Error: Verify value failed - got TRUE, expected FALSE
    [ ] Occurred in Verify
    [ ] Called from TriggerRadioButton_Verify at desktop 2_0.t(66)

Can anyone help me?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems with the exists method?

By "manually" do you mean you are running in debug mode? Successful debug runs are often evidence that a timing issue isn't being handled.

In you example, this would be true if the ChoicesComboBox exists prior to a subsequent selection (after which it shouldn't exist).

Try putting a temporary Sleep(1) just after the input is acccepted from the controlling ComboBox.

John

------------------