SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error: (07002) [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

I am using MS EXCEL ODBC driver to access xls data files as database.

One of the field is CaseID the value of which is empty in the XLS and got while inserting a record in my application under test.

The value of CaseId is obtained from the AUT through silk Test and store in a string variable sCaseid. I need to update the CaseId in the table CREATECASEDATA.
    I am using the following statements in SILKTEST to achieve the same.

hDB= DB_Connect("dsn=Wes_Dsn;ReadOnly=False")

hSQL= DB_ExecuteSQL (hDB, "UPDATE CREATECASEDATA SET CaseId = sCaseid WHERE TITLE='Create case test one'")

But the following error is displayed:
    *** Error: (07002) [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.
    Occurred in DB_ExecuteSql

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Error: (07002) [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

I assume you are actually writing 'sCaseid' with curly brackets around it in your sql query?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Error: (07002) [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

Thanks a lot. It works now with curly braces.
    Actually I was not using it.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good way of debugging such a problem is to have your script print (in the results) the sql query it is about to execute; a wrapper around DB_Execute() is useful for this purpose.
    Then if you need to do any debugging, as in this instance, you can copy the query out of the results file and use it in an odbc query tool. This will allow you to fiddle with the query until it works, a lot more quickly than rerunning your script multiple times.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that will help me a lot. I will make it a practice to print the sql query to results file henceforth.

I will need to know what is odbc query tool. I am using Win NT with service pack 6. Will the odbc query tool part of the OS? Or do I need to download it from somewhere?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are loads of odbc clients out there; a fairly simple-to-use one is odbctest; it is downloadable from qadownloads.com.

------------------