SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Java Applet Declarations

OK, I know this is old by now, but "my applet is not being recorded properly by Silk!"
    My question is this: let's assume I have my applet .jar file in my class path. I have the proper .jar (SilkTest_Java1.jar) for Silk in my classpath (the Status confirms this) and I am not using the java plug in, I am relying simply on MS Virtual Machine.
    So, when I am recording my frame, is Silk only recording the applet as a single object rather that a file tree because the applet only becomes a file tree when the user creates topics? If so, do I need to record the frame when the file tree has been populated and expanded to show all the nodes? If it helps, I am using the opencube sliding menu tree.
    The main sympton is this: Silk will record the actions of expanding the menu tree and clicking a node. However, it is coordinate based and removing the coordinates causes the test to fail because all the node declarations are identical. I tried creating a class map but that did not work.
    The basic structure of the site is a three-pane frameset with the applet located in a small pane of its own. The pane with the applet is the constant presence while the second main pane is the dynamic pane. Need i record each pane seperately?
    Thanks in advance.

------------------

[This message has been edited by christian@ambell.com (edited 01-07-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Java Applet Declarations

Actually, a Classmap is not the same thing as Record Class. You need to record the Class using Record Class. Classmapping will not be of any use in this instance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot -- you know, i was just looking through some code references and stumbled across CaptureAllClasses. Turns out to be just what i needed. Again, thanks for the replies and hopefully this experience will produce a useful script to offer as example.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since your tree is a custom object, you will have to use the Record Class feature of SilkTest to teach SilkTest about its methods. Also, recording against this tree will only produce coordinates. You will have to call methods that you got from doing a "record class" on it. And you should not declare the nodes of the tree, just the tree itself as the nodes are likely to change. To select a node, find a method that will allow you to select by the node's name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did record a class map. I actually thought was was sufficient initially. Unfortunately, I am not a java developer so I am awaiting the description of the properties and methods for this particular applet. The real issue here is that the data which causes the nodes to be created is dynamic, so unless Silk can use the function to recognize an object by its caption during recording a test the way it does during a frame, it may not make a difference. Thank you though. If you happen to read this reply, could you possibly send or post a sample snippet of such a declaration if you have one? I am entirely new to java testing with Silk and the samples I have seen up to now haven't applied. Thanks in advance.

------------------