SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTML Post in SilkTest?

I am trying to determine if there is an HTTP Post function (or something like that) in SilkTest.

The Browser.LoadPage(url) does more of an HTTP Get - it gets and returns the page specified as url.

What I want to do is Post data, dowing something like:

Does anything like this exist? I haven't been able to find any function in the help on doing a Post.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HTML Post in SilkTest?

what happens if you just load the page?

Did you just want to run a CGI script with params?

Can't you create a dummy html document with that instruction and click Submit?

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the issue:

I have a page with three tabs in one of the frames. The tabs are actually an image map, made up of javascript calls. Silk, no matter what I try, see's the image as just an HtmlImage, not as as image map. I have tried using X, Y positions to select the tabs, but that isn't realiable. After the image changes to teh new tab position, Silk no longer see's it correctly. It becomes very flaky.

But, if I can do a HTTP Post on the same page I am on, it will change the tab so I can get at what I need to test.

Using radView WebLoad, I do HTTP Posts to change to the correct page. So, all I need is a way to do a Post in SilkTest using URL+parameters.

I have tried using the Browser.LoadPage() function. This works, in a way. My AUT has a login page with is a standard web page. After that, the main application loads in a browser that has no url location bar, no browser menus or toolbars, just a plain "dialog" for the web application. When using the Browser.LoadPage(), Silk brings the login page to the front (since it has a URL location field), types the URL in the location field and the right page loads.

This is not what I need, it needs to be in the main application window. Doing a HTTP Post should do this, but I can't find out how to do a Post with SilTest.

Hopefully this explains it a bit better.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know Silk does not do Browser functions like post. WebLoad does that because it emulates a browser.

You may be able to do something with Silk if you have access to a DLL that can do that.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See my reply in "Inconsistant behavour of Silk", it may be related. BTW The biggest problem I usualy have with "TABS" like your talking about is that the page is layered and the record declarations tool will pick up objects in the background that are not taged the same when they are exposed. The solution is the record the same frame with each 'TAB' exposed and then to merge the browser child by removing the garbage and leaving only the unique objects declared.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try using the HtmlImage.ClickRegion() method to select the tab. If the imagemap is client side then it will work. If it is a serverside image map, then you will have to resort to coordinates...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried the ClickRegion() and the GetRegionList() functions. Silk sometimes see's it as an image map, sometimes it doesn't (about 75% of the time it fails).

I am thinking of writting a DLL to do a POST function, that might work.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com