SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whacks not accepted by RECT?

I have a number of HtmlTables which return data in clickable rows. For example, messages in a date/subject format. Clicking any cell in a row will open that message for viewing.

Now, sometimes the message subject will have whacks in it (/) and certainly the date always does. In order to click these rows, I'm using GetRowText for a given column to give me the HtmlText in row (i). If the subjectline of row(i) is "Your meeting / Can't make it" I have a problem. I can't call GetRect() on that HtmlText. The RECT date type, or maybe just the GetRect() method, doesn't like the whack.

I'm removing the whacks and replacing them with question marks and this appears to have solved the issue, but what's up with not being able to pass "6/26/02" to GetRect?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Whacks not accepted by RECT?

Did you try:
    instead of trying to mess around with the escape characters?
    AG

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main reason that you can't use the "/" in a tag is that it is a reserved character so that one can use the "contains syntax" when creating a tag. This lets you refer to children objects when identifying an object. Same reason that you can name an object "string". It is a reserved word.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, no I didn't try the Chr47. I'm betting I can pass that through for the whack.

------------------