User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shouldn\'t segue consider this ?

Whola!

Currently we are testing CAD/CAM applications. Today the major players in the CAD/CAM sector are shifting their focus, in buliding their applications, to more of a CONTEXT MENU driven way. To highlight further, most of the functionality present as commands or utilities, is now being put in the "Context Menu" [right mouse click].
    I followed a thread posted some time ago, it was about "How to trap right click menus". I tried out several of the suggestions mentioned, but was not able to do so. Now several times we came across situations wherein just being able to select from context menu was not an issue, that being possible in several ways, but the primary focus was the contents of the context menu.
    Now the fact that Silk does not recognize the contents of a context menu, in most of the cases (correct me if i am wrong), shouldn't it be consisdered by Segue to handle this. I think there should be some standard way and not a workaround, to handle the issue of context menu.

------------------
    never say die
    Life, that dares send, A challenge to his end,
    And when it comes say, Welcome friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: shouldn\'t segue consider this ?

Did you find a workaround at least?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi John,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John J. Miller:
    1. Manually activate the popup.
    2. Use a ListPrint() of Desktop.GetActive().GetChildren() to show all of the controls.
    3. Find the popup control and create a declaration for it.
    4. Use that declaration with a Print() of GetContents() to see the popups' menu items.
    5. Create these declarations for these menu items under the popup declaration.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried out the above suggested workaround but this doesn't seem to be working. For the tests wherein the selection has to be made from the popuplist the PopUpSelect () method seems to work well but for the tests that deal with the contents of the popuplist we cannot get across.

For the current application that we are testing, we generally have two rounds of testing, one is the regression testing that is done by running the automations created earlier (except for the new features for which new automations are created) and the second is the Interactive testing round.

Right now we have to move all the tests that cannot be automated (contents of popuplist etc.) to the interactive testing round.

However the main problem is the application we are testing is a major one and has had over 6 releases in the past 2 years. Apart from the release builds, we also conduct intermediate build testing, this makes it more necessary for us to automate as far as possible. The problem however remains.

Thanks,

------------------
    never say die

[This message has been edited by witchcrop (edited 07-01-2002).]
    Life, that dares send, A challenge to his end,
    And when it comes say, Welcome friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)