User Tag List

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borderless table setting to 0.00

Is there anyone aware of any issues regarding going with borderless table setting 0.0. For a number of reasons I am realizing that I should have gone with 0.0 setting in the first place.
    The main reason is that, if a borderless table is added to your page it breaks the automation you 'll have to redo window dec. or change the setting accordingly.
    Another one is that if a control is moved from one borderless table to another it'll break your code. Any suggestion..
    Thanks in advance.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Borderless table setting to 0.00

Yeah, I think borderless = 0.00 is the way to go.

The disadvantage, of course, is if your app has data stored in a borderless table and you need to access it. However, the need to work-around this is outweighed by the fact that you won't have to worry about layout considerations.

------------------
    Tom Eble
    Team Lead, Senior Test Engineer
    RTTS
    The Software Quality Experts
    http://www.rtts.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that setting borderless tables to 0 seems to work in about 90% of the 50 or more applications I've looked at.

This also because I normally use the aeweb3.inc functions like Link (sTag) and Image (sTag) instead of doing complete window declarations. I usually capture each window, then throw away the objects, keeping only the BrowserChild.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answer is too advance for me. Could you explain it a little for me, starting with, what is aeweb3.inc?

If I understand you correctly you are dynamically declaring all the objects. Is that right?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aeweb3.inc can be downloaded by registered users at www.automationexpertise.com. It does use dynamic references to objects. Each function allows an optional frame, otherwise it assumes BrowserPage.

I've found that for many web pages, the number of objects SilkTest records and the dynamic aspect of the data being displayed plus the amount of time it takes to sort through and clarify those objects make doing declarations not worth the return on investment.

You could refer to the same object in each of these 3 ways.

Login.Login.Click () // full

Login.HtmlImage ("$login").Click () //partial

BrowserPage.HtmlImage ("$login").Click () // none

Normally, I capture the window declaration, then throw away everything except the BrowesrChild. This produces window identifiers as in the partial example above.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com