SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

testing printing functions

What are the capabilities of silk in testing printing functions? How about printing to a batch file? Please let me know if you have any experience with this.
    Chana Groner
    Morningstar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: testing printing functions

a bit confused by the question. Do you mean testing the printing features of an application, or having silk itself create a batch file?

If you mean the former, I've done this before by creating a printer which has a port set as file, then I drive Silk to select this printer. If you are validating printed data and not concerned with format and the possible truncation of chars, the generic/text only driver provides decent files in ASCII format.

If you mean the latter, look up the HANDLE data type and the FileOpen, FileClose, and FileWriteLine functions. Don't have Silk on my home machine here so I may not have the function syntax exactly spelled.

Good luck and let me know if you need any clarify.

[This message has been edited by Matt Sullivan (edited 01-07-2000).]
    <BLOCKQUOTE]<font size=1 face=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]quote:</font]<HR]It doesn't matter if I go to heaven or to hell, I have friends in both places.<HR]</BLOCKQUOTE]