SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

verifying icon in a treeview

i have an AUT under test has a treeview. the items on this treeview have status icons that will indicate the state of the item. my problem is, SilkTest does not see those icons. i attempted to do getitemimageindex () but this doesn't work since the icon can't be seen by SilkTest.

my last resort is to do a bitmap capture (which i have been avoiding). now, i need help on how i could best use this bitmap feature. is there a way i can just capture the bitmap and use it for comparison later? also, i am anticipating a problem to use this since the itemcnt of my treeview is dynamic and the objects as well. or this shouldn't be a problem?

any guidance and direction on how to go about this will be much appreciated.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: verifying icon in a treeview

Here's a place to start.

You can do GetItemRect () on a treeview, which will give you the location of a specific item. That will return a RECT.

RECT r = wTreeView.GetItemRect ("/branch/branch/item")

Pass that rect to the method

wTreeView.CaptureBitmap ("sfile.bmp", r)

Then look at that bitmap and make sure it includes the image you're after.

If it does, you can manipulate the rect (r) to capture just the image. Then you could compare the image to ones stored on disk to see which image is beside a particular treeview item.

Email me for more details.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: verifying icon in a treeview

We use the image ID to check the bit maps. This will give an index number of the current bit map that is used for an item in the tree. (We make the assumption that the developers have put the correct images in the image list.) in our case, this was a much better process then comparing the actual bitmap images. For that, we rely on the manual testers to do a quick visual check. We have also used this to our advantage to have the developers ‘mark’ special documents. For example, a standard document would have the normal paper icon and index of 1. For special documents (meaning special consideration when opening from an automation script) the same physical image is used but it is given another index.

------------------