User Tag List

zim
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*** Error: Mouse coordinate (332,1181) is off the screen

I did a search though the old messages but couldn't find a fix for this problem that will work for me. I am using IE6 on Win2k, with DOM on and show table off, hidden on, and text on. I have a htmllink at the bottom of my page, when the screen comes up this link is beyond the end of the page. When I try to do a click on the link I get an error message saying coordinate if off the screen. I tried to doing a ScrollIntoView but that doesn't scroll the link into view for me. I tried doing a TypeKey (" "), this gets the link into view but the click still says the link if off the screen. If I bring up the actions recorder and record clicking on the link, the object that is getting clicked on is a different object, then the one I am really clicking on. It looks like Silk is not recaluating the correct coordinates when this link is brought into view. Anyone got any ideas as to what might be going wrong?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: *** Error: Mouse coordinate (332,1181) is off the screen

No, but here's a workaround. sLoc = wLink.GetLocation (), then Browser.LoadPage (sLoc)

This will effectively navigate to the page specified by the link.

Hope this helps

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you tab onto the object?
    Is there any object that SilkTest recognizes correctly?

Double click on this objects and tab onto the object and press enter key.

Michael

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you must be using Silktest 5.5 ( Standard Edition)..
    Just upgrade to Silktest SP2a and it will solve your problem...SP2a is available for download at the segue site provided you have a licensed copy.

------------------

zim
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked the level of my Silk test, the about boxs says that I am at: 5.5 sp2 [964n] is this the same as sp2a?

I am able to get accsess to my links by using the GetLocation/LoadPage methods that John posted. But I have another problem related to these links, I have an htmltext feild that I need to put a page number in then click on a link to go to that page. I can set the text ok, but when I do the loadpage it looks like it is not picking up the data from the text feild. Got another work around for this?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the URL when you click the link manually and see if the text field contents are being passed in the URL. If so, you could construct the same link and still do a LoadPage ().

Email me if you can send the URL or an .htm file with the same controls.

Hope this helps.

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

zim
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The url contains the data from the text field, but the data gets encode in the url when you click on the link.
    Also I was working on some check boxes that are on this page and unless they are showing when the page 1st comes up I will get a message saying that they are not exposed when I try to set them.
    So I got to find a way to click on the link and set the check boxes when they are not showing when the page is 1st displaied.

Any more ideas on this one.
    Thanks,

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zim:
    So I got to find a way to click on the link and set the check boxes when they are not showing when the page is 1st displaied.

Any more ideas on this one.
    Thanks,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm confused
    Forget about the test tool for now...
    How do you expect your customers/users to click on links and/or set checkboxes when they are not showing?
    If you can figure this out Manually, then I'm sure you'll find the way to make your automated scripts working too!

------------------

zim
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that on this screen there are several lines with each one has a check box. But when the screen comes up only the 1st 3 lines are showen in the browser, the other ones you need to scroll to. The user can scroll to these check boxes and set them with out any problems. Everything works like it should when you do testing by hand.
    The problem is that when silk tries to set these check boxes and anything else that needs to be scrolled to it thinks that the object is off the screen. Even if you scroll it into the displaied area.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just by looking at your Topic, 332,1181) seems to be off the screen.
    Try playing around with the Recorder. Record Actions (slowly) and see what numbers/coordinates are getting recorded. Try different routes: using the Up/Down arrows on your scrollbars, using the Page Up/Page Down keys, using the Up/Down arrow keys, maybe even using the Find command from your Browser to get to the objects you are working on...
    Double check your Windows Declarations for these objects that you are scrolling and clicking: if they are not CustomWin objects, then I'm sure you don't have to worry about screen coordinates.
    Hope this helps!

------------------