User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta Testers Needed - SilkTest Add-On

Automation Expertise Inc is looking for a few good beta testers. We have developed an easy-to-install and easy to use add-on for SilkTest called Statement Builder which reads your .inc files and allows you to construct 4-test statements.

The tool will display

-FUNCTIONS
    -CLASSES (NICELY ORGANIZED BY CLASS NAME)
    -WINDOWS (AND THEIR CHILD OBJECTS)
    -RECORDS
    -ENUMERATED TYPES

You can COPY a statement to the clipboard (current) or Paste directly to SilkTest (in the release version)

Please contact me with your Name, Company, Phone, SilkTest experience if interested.

Thanks,

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com http://www.automationexpertise.com

[This message has been edited by John Green (edited 06-10-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Beta Testers Needed - SilkTest Add-On

Feedback from the first qaforums beta tester.

"My first impression of the tool is GREAT.
    It seems it will be extremely useful."

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been beta testing the Statement Builder as well. I have a very large 4test.txt file since I parse all of my comment blocks out of my code. Using the Library Browser worked, but was a pain since I could never copy anything out. The Statement Builder solves this problem nicely.

This tool will really help new and experienced SilkTest users.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david.genrich@e2open.com
    david@linuxpuppy.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI - I signed on as a beta tester for John's app. I think it has possibilities, especially for newbies. Think of it like a beefed up library browser. Also, John has been very responsive to my bugs and enhancement requests.

No - I am not getting paid

------------------
    Tom
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm I'm not as sure as you guys I think it is ok but not that useful for skilled SilkTest users. It does what the library (except copy) or help files can do and you can cut and paste from the helpfiles. Basically it organises the functions, classes, etc better but it depends on the cost I suppose. If say $100 then ok but if $1000 I would say no way
    Even $500 would be too much!
    Really what it would need is a bag of utilities too like the data creation from the likes of Datatech (or whatever the name is), custom built functions and clases, etc then it would be a nice add on.

------------------
    The Test Force is strong in this one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the one that made the comment John repeated "..it will be extremely useful". It's a tool- it's not like you'll use it everyday, but you will use it for a particular need- and for this need it is great. Also, with some simple added features, the tool can be more powerful.

To me, the tool's most power is it reads all my INC files and shows me in a tree view my recorded window declarations and objects inside. I can then browse my objects and see what I can do for a particular object without accessing the online help and coping the example from there.

Anthony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one of the keys will be how easily it picks up user defined methods and functions. If it picks up all of my stuff relatively easily, I could see it as being useful. I'm looking forward to another build.

------------------
    Tom
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I will say is that your going about the right way by getting feed back from skilled users not just assuming you know all that is required.
    Hey but guys I was Beta testing a tool (formally) AQTest that will soon be beating the top tools! If it stays around and carries on the way it's going it will be the best test tool on the market. It's Test Complete from www.automatedqa.com. I am not afiliated to them or nothing but you can download a trial and try for yourself. Why do I say best?
    1) Cost $349 yes thats right just short of three hundred and fifty dollars
    2) Script language - ohh take your pick vbscript, oh no I'll try jscript oh no thanks, lets try delphscript well, I like C++ so lets do C++ script. It does all four.
    3) Ease - It has one of the best IDE's of the existing tools.
    4) Reporting is good
    5) Error handling good.
    6) Web testing

etc, etc.
    There are still somethings it could do better like image testing with masks, Better mapping facilities. But at last a product that will drive down the prices of these test tools (hence get rid of those annoying sales reps), provide us with well known development languages, etc. Just think 20 test tools for the price of Winrunner or SilkTest and almost as functional!
    Don't take my word for it download it and see.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test Complete is indeed very advanced compared to SilkTest I just looked at it and I am very excited about it, even though I don't know how it works;P

It's definitely a SilkTest killer for any Dev-wannabe QA because they borrow Jscript/VBscript/VB/Delphi Script/C++ Script as your testing scripts(as I understand).

Also systematic construction of app reference by hierarchy(pretty neat, but nothing new).

My first impression is basically that this new tool is light years ahead of SilkTest.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not ahead of Silk trust me but it is waiting in the wings to take on the big boys. Download and use it. There are weaknesses but it is looking good for the long shot and I've heard that they are looking at adding Load Test facilities in version 3.0 Now that is something worth seeing.

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast