User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question on using Timers

I have a set of code like this:

This is a web application. My question is, before executing the TimerStop statement, does Silk make sure the previous Click() was completed successfully? What I mean is that does it make sure the page after Click() got loaded completely before stopping the timer?

Thanks for your comments.

Sam

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: A question on using Timers

In short, Yes
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Silk waits for one line of code to complete before going to the next line. In fact, I was going thru some Segue's tech support emails. I had a similar problem that time and their response was "silk does not wait for pages to be fully loaded before executing next line of code". In such a case, any tips how to handle the timer issue? I am giving another set of code here to make my problem clear:

One option is I can add Browser.WaitforReady() before the TimerStop. But this gives a wrong timer value because BrowserWaitforReady itself takes a lot of time to execute.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

[This message has been edited by sampath (edited 12-28-1999).]

[This message has been edited by sampath (edited 12-28-1999).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this option set in Option-Agent-Verification....

Agent.SetOption (OPT_VERIFY_APPREADY, TRUE)

If not, set it and try again.

If so, I've seen some events related to the Browser class that seems to be async (like, TypeKeys ()..). Maybe u can use my workaround.

What u can do is monitor the Browser.Stop button with the IsEnabled () function.
    Once the this button is not enabled, it means that the page was fully loaded.

And u can go on with your script.

Hope it can help.

Mauro Almeida