User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Distributed Testing

Hi All,

I'm new to distributed testing. We are thinking of purchasing another SilkTest Agent only.

My question is, if we purchase an agent to run off our current License and we want to run different sets of testcases on both agents at the same time, are we able to set it so that both Agents are running different testcases at the same time, or do we have to wait until all testcases have been run on Agent 1 before it can start on Agent 2?

For example:

If I have 10 test cases to run on agent 1 and 5 test cases to run on agent 2, do all the 10 test cases on agent 1 need to run before the 5 test cases on agent 2 can begin, or can agent 1 and 2 run at the same time, that is, the first test case for agent 1 starts at the same time as the first test case for agent 2?

I hope I haven't confused anyone, cos I am

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Distributed Testing

Hi tsika,

The answer to your question can be found in the on-line if you type Multi Application testing. You can run different sets of testcases on different agents at the same time. It is quite tricky to get your head around this at first but read all the documentation and it will become clearer for you.

Cheers,
    Conor

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Distributed Testing

The answer is yes, you can run different tests on different agents from one copy of SilkTest. You have to create multitestcases instead of testcases and use spawn and rendezvous statements to start different threads to run concurrently. Be sure to turn on the check box in Runtime Options which shows you the machine name for each output line in the results. Otherwise, you can't detect which machine gave which error.

Hope this helps

------------------
    John W Green
    jwgreen@automationexpertise.com
    http://www.automationexpertise.com